[Simh] In the DEC world, what was ZK3 ?

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Tue May 12 16:52:38 EDT 2015

ZK was the Spitbrook Road, Nashua NH site.    It was made of up three
buildings, 1, 2, & 3 and nominally was the "software" building - where the
OS's, Languages et al lived.

The last "DEC" group to the vacate was the old compiler team which has been
on the second floor of ZK02 since they first were installed, which had been
sold to Intel (HP/Compaq had left a few years earlier).  They finally moved
us to a new location (without asking the inmates mind you) about 3 or 4
years ago.  Some folks like Dave Eklund had not moved his cubicle in over
30 years.

Dell is now in much of ZK02

Clem

FYI: HRC aka "Heron Cove" - The new facility is very nice, but lacks a
cafeteria and is in the middle of no where (no services local like
Spitbrook which had the Mall and lots of places to eat, shop, etc). But it
does shine, and is well lit etc., plus we got a wii in the break room (
that no one uses as far as I can tell ;-)