[Simh] simh encyclopedy

gérard Calliet gerard.calliet at pia-sofer.fr
Mon Mar 9 16:03:31 EDT 2015

Thanks for your answer

Le 09/03/2015 19:51, Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm a écrit :
> I CAN NOT recommend that you attempt to run a cluster of Itanium systems with one or more of those cluster nodes being the host system(s) for simh VAX instances which are also members of the SAME cluster.
Why? I understand there could be some problems. Are there impossibilities?

I will have a very limited use of the cluster functions, Vaxen will be
satellites with no impact in the calcul of quorum, and they don't do
neither complicate nor central tasks. Because it is a port with the
minimum changes, and the actual Vaxen use cluster file system and
cluster queue system, it seems possible to build regular cluster with
the itaniums and add the Vaxen on the top of it. I you think about
impossibilities, could you tell me?

Gérard Calliet

---