[Simh] DEC floppy disk interleave questions

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Sun Mar 8 07:41:53 EDT 2015

On Saturday, March 7, 2015 at 6:15 PM, Howard M. Harte wrote:
> Dave Dunfield's ImageDisk (.IMD) format can preserve the floppy disk
> metadata.  He has some DEC disk images in this format on his site:
> http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/img/index.htm
>
> When I implemented several floppy disk controllers for the SIMH/AltairZ80
> simulator several years ago, I wrote a module for SIMH called sim_imd which
> can utilize the ImageDisk format within SIMH.  At that time, I had a patch to
> make it work as an alternate to the flat file format that is normally used for
> SIMH for the pdp_rx disk controller.  I tested sim_imd with the PDP-11 RT11
> disk image from Dave's site, and it worked fine.

The sim_ind.c module has since been used by several other simulators beyond the AltairZ80.  sim_imd.c & sim_imd.h are now located in the top level of the simh github repository.

I've never seen any patch for the pdp11_rx.c device but would be happy to consider it.  Please see if you can dig it up and pass it along.

Thanks.

- Mark