[Simh] Regarding "Cutler THE father of VMS" myth

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Thu Mar 5 11:32:52 EST 2015

On 2015-03-05 00:22, Sergey Oboguev wrote:
>> From: Clem Cole <clemc at ccc.com>
>

>> While I think it bug Dave and others that people did not like his
>> favorite system ...
>
> "The New Hacker's Dictionary", MIT Press, 3rd edition:

The "New Hacker's Dictionary" is a prime example of history
falsification. You should read the original. It is quite different. ESR
did a lot of text substitution and outright changing to fit his view of
the world when he "took over".

> "Many Unix fans generously concede that VMS would probably be the
> hacker's favorite commercial OS if Unix didn't exist; though true,
> this makes VMS fans furious."  ;-)

This is just silly. TOPS-20 people are either shaking their heads at the
level of uninformedness, or spinning in their graves...

	Johnny