[Simh] C64 and C128

Bill Cunningham billcun at suddenlink.net
Tue Jun 30 22:13:08 EDT 2015

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Johnny Billquist
  To: simh at trailing-edge.com
  Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2015 10:07 PM
  Subject: Re: [Simh] C64 and C128

  On 2015-07-01 01:56, Bill Cunningham wrote:
  > I remember those floppy drives where big and heavy. I never had cp/m or
  > a c128. I am reading that an 8502 and Z80A (which I can't find anything
  > on) was inside. The Z80A was about 4 MHz. The Z80A word size I do not
  > know. It was of course an 8 bit with a 16 bit address bus I believe. Now
  > which is "memory word" size?

  You are asking very weird questions.
  What do you mean by "word size"?

  Johnny

      I read in some specs either for 6502 or Z80A the term "memory word size". These are all 8 bit cpus I know that but they have different sized address buses. Rich straightened me out. The term "memory" was throwing me off. I these cases Word Size would be 8 bit. Like todays 64 bit machines. Word size is now considered "64" on 64 bit processors. Although the 6502 had 8 bit registers except maybe for one, and a 16 bit address bus. They are 8 bit "word" sized.
  Under control now. Thanks though.