[Simh] C64 and C128

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:46:06 EDT 2015

The C64 did not run cp/m out of the box, because it did not have any kind
of Intel 8080 based processor. You could buy a cartridge (iirc) that would
allow you to run cp/m, but it was basically bolting a cp/m machine onto the
side of the C64.

The C128 had both the C64 processor, and a Z80 processor built in, and it
could run cp/m. The floppy drive speed was really lousy though (300 baud
serial bus iirc).