[Simh] OS development

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sun Jun 14 17:41:24 EDT 2015

On 2015-06-14 23:37, Johnny Billquist wrote:

>> Is that the format as returned by RSX GTIM$, i.e. 8 words which are in
>> sequence year since 1900, month, day, hour, minute, second, tick of
>> second, ticks per second? If I'm guessing, "New UTC (128 bit) format"
>> would be this and be expressed in UTC instead of some unspecified
>> timezone.
>
> Nope. The RSX format actually stores 8 16-bit words, which are (in order):

[...]

Doh. Sorry for the stupid reply. You obviously knew the format.
Anyway, the "New UTC (128 bit) format" does not sound like anything
RSX-like at all. I would assume it's a binary format expressing an
offset from some epoch. I can't see VMS or DAP ever going back to
something like the RSX time format.

	Johnny