[Simh] Off topic: ULTRIX question

Gary Lee Phillips tivo.overo at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 12:27:56 EDT 2015

Also, no Solaris for the VAX or Alpha at all.

OpenBSD has been on my radar, though I find all their versions and
installation information really confusing. Some sources seem to
indicate that OpenBSD runs and is supported on VAX as well as Alpha,
but the versions referenced in VAX commentary appear to no longer be
available. The Alphas are listed on the current distribution media,
but since my primary installation target would be a Personal
Workstation/Miata box, it's not clear whether the CD images will work
on that as they are not listed as bootable there. Evidently they will
work for the DS10, but I don't usually run that due to power
consumption and fan noise.

Anyway, thanks for the information everyone. I see we've filled up an
entire digest with this now and it's really off topic (I think) for
SimH so I'll continue my quest elsewhere.

--Gary
P.S. I do run SimH, obviously, with OpenVMS and now ULTRIX for what
that's worth.