[Simh] Off topic: ULTRIX question

Johnny Billquist bqt at softjar.se
Sat Jul 11 14:55:32 EDT 2015

On 2015-07-11 20:46, Gary Lee Phillips wrote:
> I have ULTRIX 4.0 working on Simh VAX (the 3900 I think, the default
> is) and that's fine. I don't need to worry about which VAX model for
> my purposes. Since it's under discussion, though, can anyone point to
> a forum or mailing list where ULTRIX is still discussed?
>
> I have questions about compiling/porting BSD programs to ULTRIX.
> Thanks for any pointers to knowledgeable folks. I've searched, but
> every forum I come up with seems to have been inactive for nine or ten
> years.

Probably because most people stopped using Ultrix nine or ten years ago.
Seriously, there are many issues with keeping Ultrix systems running, so
when other hardware became available, people moved away pretty quickly.

So I doubt you will find any place where people are still actively
discussing Ultrix.

	Johnny