[Simh] Build Problem

Bill Beech (NJ7P) nj7p at nj7p.org
Tue Feb 17 17:52:11 EST 2015

All,

I just downloaded the latest SIMH from GitHub.  When I tried to build it
I get this message in the DOS window:

**  This build is operating without the required windows-build       **
**  components and therefore will produce less than optimal          **
**  simulator operation and features.                                **
**  Download the file:                                               **
** https://github.com/simh/windows-build/archive/windows-build.zip **
**  Extract the windows-build-windows-build folder it contains to    **
**  C:/Users/Bill/Documents

.

I also get a popup window about \Device\Harddisk4\DR4 contains no disk.

I should get no errors like this just trying to build the binaries with
build_mingw.bat.

What am I doing wrong this time?

Thanks!

Bill