[Simh] Multiple telnet ports in SimH to RSTS/E 9.6

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Thu Dec 31 15:10:57 EST 2015

On 12/31/15 1:42 PM, Mark Pizzolato wrote:
> The KMC/DUP and DMC devices are only supported in simh for simulator
> to simulator DECnet connections.  These are WAN synchronous devices
> which have nothing to do with connecting to a simulator via telnet.

I'm not ready to tackle DECnet yet. I'll leave these devices for another
day.

> You are on the right track looking at SYSGEN to configure the OS side of
> enabling DZ functionality.  You may also want to look at DL and DC devices
> which can also provide incoming telnet connections to a simulator.  Since,
> I've never been a RSTS user, I can't begin to suggest how you configure
> that OS to enable these devices.
>
> Good Luck.
>
> - Mark

Paul Koning set me straight on figuring out that DZ, as configured, was
actually working. Duh, press RETURN twice to get BAUD detected properly,
then all is right in the world. The other devices might work too, but
since DZ worked, I'm happy.

Thanks for responding.

Will