[Simh] GOLD Keys and such

Clem Cole clemc at ccc.com
Sat Dec 19 16:48:07 EST 2015

Check out:   http://invisible-island.net/xterm/xterm.faq.html

There is a really good description of the keymapping process for xterm as
well as tools to set the things for you.
As Johnny says - be careful many, many terminal emulators are close to
VT-100 but not the same.  More over, VT-100 != ANSI  a often miss
understood concept.

DEC developed the VT-100 during the ANSI terminal sequence project and
released it before the spec was made final.  There are a number of
difference and they will bite you.   If you want a VT-100 (which for VMS et
al, you do), then you want a true DEC emulation.

That said, if you are running UNIX and want a real ANSI implementation, the
Wyse-60 was probably the truest implementation of the ANSI spec I ran into
back in the day (although it was not full color).  I believe MacWise will
emulate the Wyse-60.   Truth be told I have have one (and miss it's
keyboard).  The console for my Masscomp MC-500 ;-)

Clem