[Simh] GOLD Keys and such

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 16:33:55 EST 2015

On 12/19/15 2:58 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:

> As for double width and double height, xterm does it just fine. In
> fact, xterm is the only implementation that I don't know of any
> incompatibilities in.
>
>     Johnny

Johnny,

I am trying to use xterm, now that I have terminal behaving better. But,
the keymapping is really weird: pressing the delete key displays ^H,
pressing CTRL-DELETE, effectively backspaces, and pressing fn-F5, which
in Terminal is mapped to ESC-O-w, displays 5~.  Do you know where xterm
is getting its key mapping from? If it's a file, do you know of a VT100
file of mappings? I have a feeling that the default mapping is way off.

Thanks,

Will