[Simh] GOLD Keys and such

Will Senn will.senn at gmail.com
Sat Dec 19 16:09:36 EST 2015

On 12/19/15 3:01 PM, Johnny Billquist wrote:
> On 2015-12-19 21:57, Will Senn wrote:
>>

>> On 12/19/15 1:42 PM, Random832 wrote:
>>> Either's VT100 emulation should be acceptable, though
>>
>> Latest update, taking bits and pieces from folks comments...
>>
>> I started Terminal and set the terminal variable to VT100 then started a
>> new bash:
>> TERM=vt100 exec bash
>
> I hope you understand that the TERM environment variable in Unix don't
> actually do anything, except inform running programs that they should
> try to work the terminal using VT100 control sequences.
Yup. I had read this, but now I understand it even better. It's an
environment variable only and therefore only meaningful to the programs
looking for it. I have no idea if simh cares about it and after you
commented, I tried it without the environment variable and sure enough,
it works fine. So, really, the only thing needed is the keymapping for
ESC-O-w

> RT-11 do not know, nor care, about a Unix environment variable. So
> that thing is actually totally meaningless here. :-)

Indeed.