[Simh] GOLD Keys and such

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Fri Dec 18 19:45:12 EST 2015

> On Dec 18, 2015, at 7:21 PM, Will Senn <will.senn at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> All,
>
> In working with the simulator and ancient OSes (in this case, RT-11XM 5.3), I am coming across key-combinations that are beyond my ken, such as GOLD-COMMAND and Line-Feed. I think I may be able to figure something out for line-feed (CTRL-J, maybe?), but I have no idea how to generate a GOLD-COMMAND keypress. Is there a simple solution, or a known standard way to make another key (say F5) serve as the GOLD-COMMAND key?

"Gold" is a reference to a key on the WPS version of DEC terminals; that software used a lot of keystroke combinations where the gold key was the first keystroke.  It's the top left key on the function keypad of a VT52, so whatever that translates into is what you need here.  Command is also a (standard) key on the VT52 keypad; check a VT52 manual, I don't have one handy unfortunately.

And yes, line feed is control-j.  Return would be control-m.

	paul