[Simh] EXT :Re: PDP-10 simulation: TENEX

Cory Smelosky b4 at gewt.net
Thu Apr 30 21:24:52 EDT 2015

On Thu, 30 Apr 2015, Richard Cornwell wrote:

>  That would be me. :-) It runs 6.03 and 5.03. The KI needs 2 more
>  instructions to finish, before I can test it. Does anyone have VMSER
>  for 6.03?

I don't, but I am very interested in your code. ;)

>  I've been busy working on getting Scope 3.0 and 3.1 up and running
>  under DtCyber so I have not been playing with the KA/KI simulator. I
>  also have Monitor TS 1.19 and 4.05 transcribed. Right now my machine
>  does not do DecTape so I can't run these older monitors.

Ahhh.

Can I get an archive of that as well?  I want to archive as much as
possible.

>  For those who are interested I managed to find a copy of the source
>  for CDC Scope 3.1, and also a hacked copy of the Fortran RUN compiler
>  for COS. Since neither has copyrights I believe I can make them
>  available. RUN is sort of broken on COS.

I am also interested in that. ;)

>   ISTR seeing some KI code for Tenex that used the KI pager to
>   simulate the BBN paging box.

Interestng!

>> I'm not bored!!
>
>   Me either, been following alone. :-)
>
>   BTW, the KA/KI simulator was written so that it would model the
>   hardware so the code is not the neatest. I am working on cleaning it
>   up and emulating the results rather then the algorithm.

Likely better than the quick hack I did to re-add DEUNA support for my
tests ;)

--
Cory Smelosky
http://gewt.net Personal stuff