[Simh] Running UUCP between microvaxen with 4.3BSD Quasijarus - how to

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Oct 3 10:46:03 EDT 2014

On Friday, October 03, 2014 at 4:50 AM, Jan Vlach wrote:
> I've successfully installed 4.3BSD Quasijarus and was able to get basic TCP/IP
> networking up and running. Now I would like to play a bit with UUCP (and
> maybe slip)
>
> I've compiled current SIMH 4.0Beta from git, because in the release notes it
> says:
>
> <snip>
> Terminal Multiplexer additions
> Separate TCP listening ports per line
> Outgoing connections per line
> (virtual Null Modem cable).
> </snip>
>
> ... which I believe are the features I need to use. Can someone please point
> me in the right direction how to specify the 1-on-1 relationships (virtual serial
> lines) between simh instances in config file? Should I use DZ  or VH terminal
> multiplexers?

Both the DZ and VH 'should' work, but I don't believe that many folks have tried this too much.  If you are seeing problems I'll be glad to help you troubleshoot and/or fix anything which may not be working correctly.

> I've tried to google for more information and also checked the vax_doc.doc
> file and list archives, but so far haven't been able to find anything.

Useful info is provided by:

   sim> help dz attach
   sim> help dz set
   sim> help dz show
   sim> help vh attach
   sim> help vg set
   sim> help vh show

If you feel that the information provided is incorrect or lacking some useful detail, suggestions are welcome.

Good Luck,

- Mark