[Simh] Running UUCP between microvaxen with 4.3BSD Quasijarus - how to

Jan Vlach janus at volny.cz
Fri Oct 3 07:50:12 EDT 2014

define virtual serial lines on simh 4.0beta from git
Hello list,

I've successfully installed 4.3BSD Quasijarus and was able to get basic
TCP/IP networking up and running. Now I would like to play a bit with
UUCP (and maybe slip)

I've compiled current SIMH 4.0Beta from git, because in the release
notes it says:

<snip>
Terminal Multiplexer additions
Separate TCP listening ports per line
Outgoing connections per line
(virtual Null Modem cable).
</snip>

... which I believe are the features I need to use. Can someone please
point me in the right direction how to specify the 1-on-1 relationships
(virtual serial lines)
between simh instances in config file? Should I use DZ  or VH terminal
multiplexers?
I've tried to google for more information and also checked the
vax_doc.doc file and list archives, but so far haven't been able to find
anything.

Thank you for your time,
Jan