[Simh] OpenVMS 7.2 VAX telnet failure

Lorenzo lore.cfr at gmail.com
Thu May 1 05:03:37 EDT 2014

After some more fiddling I managed to get ahold of
TCP/IP V5.3 and its ECO-V0503-184 patch.

I've installed them both in my system and... issue disappeared.
The patch isn't really needed, TCP/IP V5.3 should be enough, but whatever.

TRISTE::LORENZO$ product show hist
----------------------------------- ----------- -----------
--------------------
PRODUCT                             KIT TYPE    OPERATION   DATE AND TIME
----------------------------------- ----------- -----------
--------------------
DEC VAXVMS TCPIP_ECO V5.3-184       Patch       Install     01-MAY-2014
09:55:39
DEC VAXVMS VMS72_PCSI V1.1          Patch       Install     01-MAY-2014
09:53:45
DEC VAXVMS TCPIP V5.3-18            Full LP     Install     01-MAY-2014
09:51:22

Having installed these patches, I can confirm that
external software can't hurt telnet anymore.
Tested on both 7.2 and 7.3 VAX.
Case closed I guess?