[Simh] DUP on simh

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Tue May 28 17:47:37 EDT 2013

On Tuesday, May 28, 2013 at 2:39 PM, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons wrote:
> Congratulations (and thank-yous) for anyone involved in this new
> enhancement :)

This is a work in progress.  It does not yet work reliably in the basic PDP11 to PDP11 case.  I'm still debugging this.

> Of course, I could not resist the temptation of giving it a try. So I have cloned
> my TOPS-10 installation and have MONGENed it with DUP support.
>
> First problem: If I select DECNET support I get a lot of undefined symbols
> UNLESS I select to include also ANF-10 support. I have to supose this is
> intended.

I have no idea if a bare DUP11 was ever supported in TOPS10.  The KMC/DUP combination devices worked together (the KMC controlled the DUP).  We haven't gotten that far yet.  Rob Jarratt has been working on the KMC and his work hasn't stabilized yet either.

I'll  let you know when things are in better shape.

- Mark