[Simh] Netcon

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon May 27 12:02:12 EDT 2013

Don't worry about the \ / inconsistency.  It's just a delimiter - it
needs to match for a given command.

LOG OPERATOR + ENA (enable) is what gives permissions.   That should be OK.

Does spear report any errors from DECnet?

Have your tried to use NCP to enable console logging?  That should
produce the DECnet events.

I'd want to login, run NETCON manually with DDT to see what it's
complaining about.

But first, the other symptom.  Only one end sending; no response to
START.  That's wierd, and nothing will work until it's fixed. If the
line is on for both systems, they *both* should be sending STARTs, until
one (or both) sends a STACK.  Then the other sends ACK, and the link is up.

So back to your code.  On the end that's not sending anything: are the
line and circuit ON?  Are you seeing buffers queued?  Is the data
arriving and being delivered?  What's different in its .INI file?  How
are you specifying the TCP (or UDP) socket destinations/port numbers?
Are both ends opening successfully?

A trace would help.  Or maybe I should try running your code...

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.