[Simh] Netcon

Robert Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Mon May 27 11:36:00 EDT 2013

The disks are cloned but I modified 4-1-config.cmd to change the node name
and number. That is all I did. So in one I have the line
    NODE TOPS20 25
And in the other I have
    NODE TOPS21 26

I don't know much about how NETCON would get its permissions, it is being
started from SYSJOB.RUN, this is what I have in that file after following
the instructions in the manual I was following:

RUN SYS:ORION
RUN SYS:QUASAR
RUN SYS:MOUNTR
RUN SYS:INFO
RUN SYS:MAILER
RUN SYS:MAPPER
RUN SYS:LPTSPL
RUN SYS:LPTSPL
RUN SYS:CDRIVE
RUN SYS:SPRINT
JOB 0 /LOG OPERATOR XX OPERATOR
ENA
^ESET LOGIN PSEUDO
^ESET LOGIN CONSOLE
^ESET OPERATOR
PTYCON
GET SYSTEM:PTYCON.ATO
/
JOB 1 /LOG OPERATOR XX OPERATOR
ENA
RUN SYS:BATCON
/
JOB 2 /LOG OPERATOR XX OPERATOR
ENA
RUN SYS:FAL
/
JOB 3 /LOG OPERATOR XX OPERATOR
ENA
RUN SYS:NETCON
/

Note that the manual used "\LOG" rather than "/LOG" but was contradictory on
this as in some places it was one and in others it was the other.

I tried a loopback test, which failed as per the attached log file.

One more data point. When I use UETP to verify the configuration I get these
errors in the log:

$TYPE EXCEPT.LOG.2
 ERROR VF2020           27-May-2013 10:32:24                0:00:00
0:00:00
? Mismatch occurred during verification:
        Currently installed file: PS:<DECNET>DECNET.BWR.1 644032 P
        Correct file:             PS:<DECNET>DECNET.BWR.1 556602 P

 ERROR VF2020           27-May-2013 10:32:24                0:00:00
0:00:00
? Mismatch occurred during verification:
        Currently installed file: PS:<DECNET>DECNET.DOC.1 350434 P
        Correct file:             PS:<DECNET>DECNET.DOC.1 614303 P

They suggest that the docs are not right, but nothing else.

Regards

Rob