[Simh] Speaking of cards

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Mon May 27 10:14:16 EDT 2013

Since the CD20 was mentioned, I wondered if there was an 029 emulator
available to produce card decks.

Haven't found one, but did find http://x3270.bgp.nu/x026.html, which I
haven't done much with.  It does build on linux and seems to run.

It claims to support the 029 character set as well.  But it doesn't
support drum cards, skip, dup, zero-fill, or anything other than
straight typing.  Does anyone know of a better emulator?  Or know X well
enough to feel like adding at least drum card eumlation?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Keypunch documents the drum (or Program) card.

I have some blank punch cards, I should scan one as it only comes with
some customized images.

Does anyone know how to (on windows or Linux) convert a scanned image in
a modern format (bmp,jpeg,tiff, etc) to xpm?

http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/~jones/cards/codes.html
<http://homepage.cs.uiowa.edu/%7Ejones/cards/codes.html> has a fair bit
of documentation on card formats, including what simh uses.

--
This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.