[Simh] PIP10

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Wed Mar 20 19:13:37 EDT 2013

The logic doesn't seem to be in PIP10; PIP10 uses the DCB devtype field
to decide if it has a DECtape, and if so, which controller.

See
ftp://sunsite.unc.edu/pub/academic/computer-science/history/pdp-8/os8/os8.v3d/sources/system/dectapes/dectape7/pip10.pa
for PIP10, and table 33
inhttp://www.grc.com/pdp-8/docs/OS8_System_Reference_Manual.pdf
<http://www.grc.com/pdp-8/docs/OS8_System_Reference_Manual.pdf>for the
DCB breakdown.  I'm not an OS8 expert, but I think the DCB is setup by
CONFIG.

Relevant snippets:

DCB=7760 /DEVICE CONTROL BLOCK (FIELD 1)

DVTYPE, 0 /DEVICE TYPE HOLDER

JMS GTDVTP /COMPARE DCB ENTRY WITH TC08 OR TD8E
SZA CLA
JMP CDIN3 /NOT DECTAPE

GTDVTP, 0
TAD (DCB-1
DCA TEMP1
CDF 10
TAD I TEMP1 /GET DCB ENTRY
CDF
DCA DVTYPE
TAD DVTYPE
AND (770
TAD (-210
SZA
TAD (30
JMP I GTDVTP

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.