[Simh] HP2100 - 12821A

Lyle Bickley lbickley at bickleywest.com
Sun Jun 23 20:33:11 EDT 2013

Dave, et al,

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 18:58:24 -0400
"J. David Bryan" <jdbryan at acm.org> wrote:

> Lyle,
>

> On Sunday, June 23, 2013 at 11:06, Lyle Bickley wrote:
>
> > I'll check them out.
>
> A CS/80 implementation would generally follow the same model as the
> ICD implementation in hp2100_di_da.c.  That is, the module would
> interpret the HP-IB secondaries as received from the 12821A interface
> as CS/80 commands, pick up the associated parameter data bytes, and
> then call the appropriate HP disc library routines (e.g., seek, read,
> write, etc.) to execute the commands.  The ICD module does this for
> the Amigo command set; I would expect the CS/80 version to contain
> about 70% of the same code, with the rest handling the differences
> between the Amigo and CS/80 command sets.

I read through the listings today - and I like the way you
modularized and segregated the 12821A interface code and the Amigo
command set. I can see how implementing the CS/80 version will be
relatively easy and and how you'll be able to re-use 70% of the same
code.

Kudos for excellent structure and implementation 8)

> > Thanks for the fast response!
>
> You're welcome.
>
>                                       -- Dave

Cheers,