[Simh] VMS Network device support

Mark Pizzolato - Info Comm Mark at infocomm.com
Fri Jun 7 20:28:09 EDT 2013

On Friday, June 07, 2013 at 5:11 PM, Timothe Litt wrote:
> I found an official DEC letter from 1992.
>
> First, VAX Wide Area Networking is a separate product.  The kit name is SYNC
> (e.g. SYNC012 on the CDs).
> It has a separate PAK - one of which is WAN-DEVICE-DRIVERS.  The DUP for
> HDLC and Bisync requires it, but apparently not for DDCMP.  But the
> DMC/DMR and other sync lines do.
>
> Second, many of our plans assume a decnet router.  VMS VAX requires the
> DVNETRTG PAK to enable this.

The DVNETRTG PAK is included in the Hobbyist license set I got from HP.

There is no PAK for WAN-DEVICE-DRIVERS though.

I believe that several folks are already running Rob Jarratt's DMC on VMS without any PAKs.  I don't know what version of VMS they are running though.  I suspect that V4.x didn't require PAKs for this stuff....

- Mark