[Simh] Physical serial ports and SIMH

Gregg Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 26 11:01:04 EDT 2013

Hello!
Right now I am tooling up to try out an idea or two concerning the
PDP-11 emulation. This is to be run on a Raspberry Pi running the
latest release of their Raspberry specific Debian release. (Also fully
updated and upgraded.)

The device has the two USB connections ostensibly for a keyboard and
mouse, but one gentleman I know managed to make use of the serial port
function on one of them, and attached a USB to serial adapter to one
of the connections. So obviously I can connect two adapters to the two
ports there.

But what about the serial port embedded on the GPIO connectors? Can I
make use of that one?

I know normally that SIMH emulates a chosen computer and only fairly
recently with some of them do communicate with the outside world via
Ethernet, but for what I'm planning and working on, it seems to be a
good fit. Should it work I might be able to upscale the working
programs to Mr Wilson's product running on an X86 board instead, or
even an actual PDP-11 model.....
-----
Gregg C Levine gregg.drwho8 at gmail.com