[Simh] Anyone Have a SIMH Disk Image of a Phase III Node That Uses KDP or DUP?

Timothe Litt litt at ieee.org
Fri Aug 2 13:32:36 EDT 2013

> Uh. You yourself said it was phase III before
I was wrong.  Call it a correctable memory error.  Note I said "pretty
good".

3.0 is  what shows up if you show exec cha.  The NSP version doesn't
match the DECnet phase in that case, which is what confused matters.

As I say, I had reason to dig into this more recently, and that resulted
in better data.  The bits say Phase II.

Here are the bits (These were captured by Rob):

58 01 19 06 54 4F 50 53 32 30 00 06 00 01 00 01 7F 00 03 00 00 03 00 00 00

This is not a phase III transport init.  It's a Phase II NSP node init.

 >> 58 Startup message
 >> 01 Node init
 >> 19  Extensible binary node 25.
 >> 06  Image byte count
 >> 54 4F 50 53 32 30 T O P S 2 0
 >> 00 No intercept functions
 >> 06 Requests: Intercept requested, no node verification
 >>00 01 Blocksize 256.
 >>00 01 NSPsize 256.
 >> 7F 00 Maxlinks 127.
 >> 03 00 00 Routing version 3.0.0
 >>03 00 00 Comm version 3.0.0
 >>00  SYSVER length (it's omitted by TOPS-20)

Google AA-D600A-TC for the corresponding spec.

This communication may not represent my employer's views,
if any, on the matters discussed.