[Simh] DECnet for TOPS-10

Rob Jarratt robert.jarratt at ntlworld.com
Sat Apr 13 18:25:27 EDT 2013

That sounds like we can get DECnet on TOPS-20 on SIMH, if so that would be
really great!

> > It went into the PDP10 emulation for a while but was later
> > removed when we were informed that it would have represented an
> impossible
> > configuration as the DMC11 would have been in the PDP11 front end.
> Whoever provided that information was correct for the DMC, but not for
> the DMR.
>
> For the KL, yes, the DECnet serial line adapters were in the PDP11 front
> end.  Ethernet was on an internal channel.
>
> If the DMC can be configured as a DMR, it should go into the PDP10
> simulator.

Adding DMR support was on my list, but I haven't done it yet. I'll see if I
can get the KMC/DUP code in and then do DMR, but it may be a while before I
get time.

As I said, I wrote a KS10 (Unibus) driver for the DMR on
> TOPS10, which is in the distributed OS sources.  The DMC is useless on
> the KS10.  As I noted, the DMR uses fixed addresses in TOPS-10, not the
> usual Unibus floating addresses.
>
> Either device would allow TOPS-10 networking to work under simh. TOPS-10
> can be configured for either or both devices.  TOPS-10 DECnet will work
> as either a Phase III or Phase IV end-node on the KS10.  (I did the
> Phase IV implementation for the KS.)

Which phase(s) does TOPS-20 DECnet support on the KS?