[Simh] EXT :Re: Questions regarding future simulator development

Kevin Handy khandy21yo at gmail.com
Wed Apr 10 20:30:56 EDT 2013

Instead of supplying an entire command/response process, you could just
grab characters sent to the port, anf then push the line through the simh
command processer whenever a return was seen. The time required to process
a command should be minimal so the emulation shouldnt slow down that much,
and wouldnt require threads. Do you really need interactive operation?

This would be like an automatic ctrl/e, followed by a simh command,
followed by a resume. The commands would come from inside the simulation,
so it wouldnt help if your OS was locked up, but for changing media you
could just copy a simh script to that port.

Just dont let two people throw stuff at the port at the same time.