[Simh] Adding a third massbus to the VAX780 emulator

Peter Allan petermallan at gmail.com
Thu Nov 22 04:36:18 EST 2012

Thanks to all for your comments.

Kevin, yes I could define logical names that would let me refer to the
drives using the names DRA0 and DRA1, but they would still show up as DRA2
and DRA3 on the output of "sho dev d" for example. I would like to do
better if I can.

Johnny, I agree in principle, but I really don't want to get into rewriting
too much of SIMH.

Mark, that sounds like a very useful suggestion and I will look into how
the RQ controllers are implemented. Hopefully it will indeed let me add any
drive to any massbus, which is as it should be. If I succeed, it should be
generally useful. My original suggestion was clearly a "dirty hack" and
even if it worked, would not be suitable for airing in public.

Cheers

Peter Allan