[Simh] Bug (?) in vax (3900) and pdp11 SIMH 3.9

dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it
Thu Jun 21 07:35:21 EDT 2012

Il 21/06/2012 13:22, Jordi Guillaumes i Pons ha scritto:
> It happens after the simulator has been running for some days. In my
> case I run it under "screen", but I don't know if that is related to
> the issue.

I think that this can be easily verified; you can post the output of ps
fax (fax are the switches) ? and top/htop can be used to pinpoint the
actual resource hog.

> Symptom: after hitting "CTRL-E" the simulator seems to enter an
> endless loop printing the prompt "simh>" until it is killed:

I don't have still the pleasure of fooling around SIMH's pdp11 and vax,
but I don't feel that can be related to RSTS and VMS...

Hope to be of a sort of help,
dott. Piergiorgio.