[Simh] PDP-15 DECtapes

Pontus pontus at update.uu.se
Sun Jan 1 16:19:36 EST 2012

On 10/11/2011 07:38 PM, Pontus wrote:
> On 10/11/2011 04:58 PM, Ian King wrote:
>> We have a PDP-8/e with DECtapes here at the Livivg Computer Museum,
>> as well as a PDP-7 with the DEC mod to let it run 9/15 software.  We
>> also just obtsined a PDP-15.  Can we help? -Ian
>
> Certainly. At this stage I don't know if I will get a chance to look
> at the tapes. If I do I'll check in with a friend in stockholm if we
> can read them at his place. If that doesn't pan out, I think shipping
> them is worth it. We don't know what's on the tapes, but if the source
> is a PDP-15, its worth looking at.

A small update and a question.

I should have gotten around to asking sooner, but here it goes.

I got the tapes, two are labelled DOS and the rest is probably user data
(according to the owner). We'll make a go at image the tapes tomorrow
using an 8/e or an 8/a. Is there anything we should know or think about?

Regards,
Pontus.