[Simh] Simh and OpenVMS Integrity V8.4 Network Support issues

Matt scope.matthew at btinternet.com
Wed Feb 29 17:07:34 EST 2012

>Can you tell me if anyone have tested the SIMH
with the network support under OpenVMS Integrity V8.4 or under other
OpenVMS I64 version ?
>Is this a known problem ?

When I did the port to I64 I tested on V8.4, but it was on an rx4640. I have had a report from someone else with an rx2600 experiencing the same problem. Perhaps it is something to do with the brand of network card? I have access to some other Interity systems (rx1620, rx2600, rx3600) so I'll do some testing on those to see if I can reproduce the problem (it may be a few weeks before I get chance to do this).

>Furthermore SIMH Vax emulator builded with
network support, random does crash the Integrity server
(CPUSPINWAIT).

I'm fairly sure I fixed all those bugs so if this is still happening then it may be that one of the LAN driver calls is not returning (IOLOCK8 spinlock is aquired/released either side of each LAN driver call)

Matt