[Simh] Extended SimH on BeagleBone controls real blinkenlight panels

Armistead, Jason Jason.Armistead at otis.com
Fri Apr 20 08:39:53 EDT 2012

Why not go all the way and record video of each type of old hardware in action ?  Obviously this makes no sense for blinkenlights, but it might be fun to watch tape drives spinning back and forth (a series of short sequences of video for each operation), or maybe someone opening up a disk pack and installing platters.  Of course, this would require yet another interface from SIMH to the video playback system.

It would remind me of those old movies where the computer rooms always had rows and rows of lights, and tapes running, together with the sounds of teletype printers spewing data out ...

Now, if we could just "skin" our favorite terminal emulator with a VT-220 case around the window area, we'd be all set in our virtual retro-computing world !

Wait, did I mention using 3-D glasses ??? LOL !!!