[Simh] ARM simulator?

Dave dave.g4ugm at gmail.com
Mon Sep 19 18:31:44 EDT 2011

The SIMH web pages seems to use the terms interchangably...

http://simh.trailing-edge.com/

As does this page:-

http://ed-thelen.org/comp-hist/emulation.html

Although I would tend to agree with Al, to my mind Emulation mimics almost
exactly all the compenents of a system, whereas simulation mimics some
subset. So SIMH emulates, and data input will be treated identicaaly on real
hardware.

SPICE is a circuit simulator, it omits some aspects of the circuit, Flight
Simulator doesn't actually fly any where...

Dave

_1401emul.pdf

1401/1440/1460 Emulator Programs

"emulator" does not appear earlier than this is the periodicals that I
checked.

--

"simulator", on the other hand was the widely used term for a program that
simulated

I would be interested in seeing a reference to industry-recognized
redefinition of the term "emulator"
to define a system simulator.