[Simh] ARM simulator?

dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico dott.piergiorgio at fastwebnet.it
Mon Sep 19 17:12:59 EDT 2011

Il 19/09/2011 22:59, Al Kossow ha scritto:
> On 9/19/11 1:50 PM, dott.Piergiorgio d' Errico wrote:
>
>  > uhm.... Aside that IMHO SIMH is an emulator and not a simulator
>
> Do your homework. IBM defined the terms in the 60's, and SIMH is
> a SIMULATOR by their definition of the term.
>
> Do you have any idea what the difference is between a simulator
> and an emulator?

well, I admit to not knowing the defining, but I can humbly ask you to
point to me to the relevant documents in your huge public archive ? ;)

joking aside, I known that IBM back then have care to ease the migration
process, and there was developed the simulator of earlier machines in
later machines, but OTOH IBM was known for often choosing unique
terminology (I have haved sometimes difficulties in past in
understanding the lexicon on IBM documentation....)

I don't hide that I'm somewhat disappointed of your reply, because I
hold your in very high esteem (being first and foremost an Historian...)

Best regards from Italy,
dott. Piergiorgio.