[Simh] what is the recommended way to config network for simh/VAX

Gary Lee Phillips tivo.overo at gmail.com
Thu Sep 8 12:49:16 EDT 2011

Phil's instructions are still good. I have SIMH VAX running on Ubuntu 10.04
and 10.10 just fine.

The problem, I suspect, is that you installed the SIMH package provided by
Ubuntu. That one does not include network capabilities. It was compiled
without them (and the description does warn of that.) You must compile your
own copy from source and specify that you want ethernet drivers included.
And you must have the libpcap package installed as well.

SIMH VAX with networking works fine then, either with taptap or without it.

--Gary