[Simh] PDP-15 DECtapes

Pontus Pihlgren pontus at Update.UU.SE
Tue Oct 11 09:17:10 EDT 2011

Hi Bob

I have been in contact with a swedish company that used a PDP-15 in
development in the seventies. The machine itself is long gone. But they
happen to have a box of DECtapes still. One tape is labled "DOS" and
another "DOS dump".

Could this be of interest? I have a broken TU56 and we have semi-working
TU55 (I think) at the computer club. But I doubt we could set something
up easily to read these tapes. Perhaps we could get help from a friend
in sthlm that has a working PDP-8/e with tape drives. I'm not sure the
system is compatible with PDP-15 tapes though.

Here is a picture of their machine:

http://www.teknogram.se/album/19xx/1970-srt/1977/1977c-pdp-15h.jpg

Kind Regards,
Pontus.