[Simh] Infoserver software

Matt scope.matthew at btinternet.com
Fri Oct 7 10:38:01 EDT 2011

On 07/10/2011 15:27, Brian Wheeler wrote:
> Is it possible to run the infoserver software on simh?  I've got a pair
> of real VAXen running as a cluster and I'd like to provide more disk to
> them via my linux boxes.

Not yet but I am working on it. I modified the VAXstation 2000 simulator
to produce a VAXstation 3100 and Infoserver 100/150. The missing piece
in the puzzle is the NCR5380 SCSI chip (which i've partly implemented).
The alternative is to use the HDC9224 controller I already have from the
VAXstation 2000, but that requires the ROM from a MFM/SCSI 3100.

Does anyone have a real VAXstation/MicroVAX 3100 with the MFM/SCSI
controller? (instead of the more common SCSI/SCSI). It shows up as
device STRG1 at the console.

The other alternative for infoserver disks is an Alpha or Integrity
system running VMS 8.2 or higher.

Matt