[Simh] Infoserver software

Brian Wheeler bdwheele at indiana.edu
Fri Oct 7 10:27:18 EDT 2011

Is it possible to run the infoserver software on simh?  I've got a pair
of real VAXen running as a cluster and I'd like to provide more disk to
them via my linux boxes.

I've looked at the infoserver distribution on freeware v8 and it looks
like two of the disk images are blank (infoserver 100/150 {disk,tape}
function) and the infoserver/vms v3.5 won't boot on simh.  That's not
terribly surprising since simh isn't a microvax 3100/10 derivative.  I
modified the boot rom so it would look for IS1000_V35.SYS (which seemed
to be the only bit of executable code in the infoserver distribution)
and I got:

>>>b dub0
(BOOT/R5:0 DUB0

  2..
-DUB0
  1..0..

?50 SCB2NDINT, DUB0
?06 HLT INST
        PC = 00000C1A

Is there any documentation on the LAD/LAST protocols anywhere?  If there
was documentation available it might make an interesting project...

Thanks!
Brian