[Simh] Interdata 16-bit diagnostics

Davis Johnson davis at frizzen.com
Fri Mar 25 07:36:36 EDT 2011

My background is mostly the Interdata/Perkin-Elmer/Concurrent 32-bit
systems. I'm really light on the 16 bit iron. I do have a 6/16 with no
periphials that I run blinking light programs on, however.

I've looked ever so briefly at running 16 bit diagnostics so that I
could regression test the 16 bit systems after breaking the 32 bit
systems. I didn't get very far. I've been hoping somebody like you would
figure it out for me.

The paper tape diagnostics come one to a tape, and were directly
bootable. You put them in the reader, entered the "50 sequence" in low
memory and started at address 50. I'll try to provide usable details
later when I actually have time. Probably this weekend.

The 32-bit assembler that comes with OS/32 will assemble 16 bit code.
This doesn't directly solve your problem, but you can use it for comparison.

I may be able to find some source code to feed your assembler. Not much,
unfortunatly. The basic interpreter source would be good. It was
distributed in source for some odd reason, but I don't have it. The
FORTRAN IV compiler would also be big chunk of source.