[Simh] Interdata 16-bit diagnostics

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Wed Mar 23 05:43:29 EDT 2011

In the Interdata subdirectory there's a file id_diag.txt that shows how to
run the diagnostics.  It references booting from a paper tape reader
attached to a file called "diag.bin".  Where can I find diag.bin and where
can I, more importantly, find the assembler source for it?

I know I can get the source from BitSavers in an almost readable PDF scan,
but the prospect of typing all that in by hand makes me quail, coward that I
am, while my attempts to OCR it have proven less than successful.  If
somebody has already done all that heavy lifting, I'd like to get access to
the assembler source (or at least the binary for disassembly).

My motivations for this can be gleaned by dropping by
http://retrotech.boldlygoingnowhere.org/repos/xasm/home and taking a quick
gander, I think.

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of
entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people.