[Simh] Microsoft Giano

Chris Turner c.turner at 199technologies.org
Sun Mar 20 12:29:42 EDT 2011

On 03/20/11 00:11, Jason Stevens wrote:

> I was wondering if anyone has seen this or played with it?
>
> http://research.microsoft.com/en-us/downloads/02e2edbf-c76c-47d5-b9c0-2c9915c63e98/default.aspx

Indeed - but in a whole other context - as I understand it's the primary
emulator for:

http://netbsd.org/ports/emips/

"NetBSD/emips runs on the Extensible MIPS architecture developed at
Microsoft Research. The architecture has the capability of dynamically
the workload."

though I did not try to run the emulator as it seemed to require
windows which I didn't have available at the time.

> It does incorporate some SIMH components, namely the MicroVAX II
> stuff... I found it on some stray
> google query about VAX's at Microsoft back in the 1990's.

indeed it does claim to emulate a vax - which is far more
'trailing-edge' than the above :D