[Simh] simh

Matt scope.matthew at btinternet.com
Sat Jul 16 05:48:24 EDT 2011

On 16/07/2011 03:00, bob wrote:

> DZ11 is only 8 lines, you would need to install an additional DZ to get each
> group of 8 additional lines.
> I don't know if you can do that with SMIH, but would like to know!!

Simh will emulate up to 4 DZ controllers depending on the number of
lines specified. With 32 lines enabled the controller configuration will
be as follows (for the PDP10):

DZ   Address    Vector
--   -------    ------
1    3760010    340
2    3760020    350
3    3760030    360
4    3760040    370

Each of these controllers will have 8 lines.

I am not very familiar with TOPS-10 but it sounds like the monitor has
been configured correctly to support 32 lines. What I don't know is does
TOPS-10 automatically spawn a login process for every terminal device
(like VMS) or do you have to configure it like Unix (/etc/inittab)?

Matt