[Simh] Installing layered products on RSTS/E 10.1

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Mon Jan 31 13:02:43 EST 2011

> Where are you getting your layered products?  I get mine from here: ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/rsts_dists/
> [....]
>For me RSTS/E will complain about the file format so I need to run nearly all of my layered products with this (even if its a .tap, not a .tpc):
> set TUn FORMAT=TPC

Note that all of the tape images I was making in the 80's and 90's will be TPC format,
But may have either the .tap or .tpc extension.

If I had since massaged the tape for one purpose or another it will likely now be
Distributed in "true" TAP format.
e.g. all of the PDP-10 archive container files were converted to TAP in early 2000's.

DECUS RSX-11M TPC and later VMSTPCE were the coolest things since sliced bread for anybody on the tape tree :-)

Tim.