[Simh] Installing layered products on RSTS/E 10.1

Christopher Myers thisisentchris87 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 31 12:47:38 EST 2011

Where are you getting your layered products?  I get mine from here:
ftp://ftp.trailing-edge.com/pub/rsts_dists/

These are the products I installed successfully and never needed a 2nd
volume:
fms11_v2_1.tpc
decnet-e_v4_1.tap
bp2_v2_7.tap
f77_v5_3.tpc
fortran_iv_v2_8.tap

Never got c81 to install, RSTS/E won't install it (keeps complaining about
format) and the tape files appear to be formatted differently than the other
software.  Doesn't matter to me, I don't know Cobol.

So to try some ideas, try the full command, @[0,1]instal layered_products

Also make sure your tapes are mounted right and possibly the correct
hardware:

For example bp2:
attach -e -r TU3 bp2_v2_7.tap

I used TM03 magnetic tape drives and never locked them.

For me RSTS/E will complain about the file format so I need to run nearly
all of my layered products with this (even if its a .tap, not a .tpc):
set TUn FORMAT=TPC