[Simh] Installing software

Michael Richter ttmrichter at gmail.com
Sun Jan 23 06:23:19 EST 2011

@ is what you use as a prefix to execute a DCL file, if memory serves.
 [0,1] is the [project,programmer] pair ([group,user] is a decent model for
understanding this).  So "@[0,1]instal layered_products" means "execute the
DCL file called instal.<something> in the [0,1] file space".

What I'm interested in is where I can get that RSTS/E 9.7 installation tape.
 :)

On 23 January 2011 06:34, Fernan Bolando <fernanbolando at mailc.net> wrote:

> @[0,1] seems cryptic to me, is it possible for you to write a tutorial
> or point me to a link on what that means? I am still playing around
> with ITS, but in the future i'd like to expand my rsts install also.
>
> On Sun, Jan 23, 2011 at 3:41 AM, Christopher Myers
> <thisisentchris87 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Update:
> > Tony Nicholson replied and said to use @[0,1]instal layered_products to
> > install the software.  Which works!
> >
> > BP2 needs a lot of memory to install, the job memory needs to be around
> > 64k.  I can't get it installed on RSTS/E v9.6 because the jobs are
> allocated
> > to 32k.  I managed to install it on v9.7.
> >
> > To bad I can't find any FMS-11 manuals. :(

"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of
entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people.
It's not been about our revenue or profit or whatnot."