[Simh] Initializing disks under RT11 (Ken Hall)

Ken Hall kjhall55 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 13:10:47 EST 2011

I'm just letting the emulator create the file.  I have three defined in the
cmd file, DL0-DL2.  Disks that are already initialized (DL0 and DL1) are
fine, but if I delete DL2 and let the emulator recreate it, I get these
errors.  So far the only way I've been able to create a working disk image
is to copy an existing one, and remove all the files.

Bob, is there anything special in your startup cmd file for the disks?  This
is what I have:

[ken at raptor Disks]$ cat rt11.cmd
ATTACH RL0 rt11run.dsk
ATTACH RL1 rtv53_rl.dsk
ATTACH RL2 rt11dat.dsk
SET RL2 BADBLOCK
BOOT RL0

RL2 is the one I'm trying to initialize.