[Simh] SIMH future releases / Sourceforge project

Shoppa, Tim tshoppa at wmata.com
Fri Sep 3 15:43:24 EDT 2010

> This is exactly the sort of thing that unit tests are good at documenting.
> The document is executable and therefore verifiable in its claims
about the underlying execution behavior.

The thought of an already existing generalized test language, that allows documentation of minute details of the emulated CPU, memory management, and peripherals, is intriguing.

The thought that as we go along and discover the quirks of the original system we update these tests and automatically this documents our knowledge of the emulated system is certainly appealing.

But I have to admit that I'm not familiar with a formalism that's general enough to do all this and also auto-documents the emulated system.

To me it's mostly an academic "this could exist" thing. I'd love to be educated!

Tim.